Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is an old Campbell's Soup Recipe, but they quit making the Zesty Italian Tomato soup it called for. I found that jarred Spaghetti sauce was a good substitute. My entire family loves meatloaf, but thinks this is the tastiest, so far! I used to buy the Italian sausage in casings, remove the casings and crumble it up, but now you can buy it bulk. It calls for a sauce, but I have never made it - we didn't think it needed the addition.
- 10 ounces prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 ounces Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- In bowl, mix thoroughly 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, ground beef, sausage, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion, egg and Worcestershire.
- If using 13 x 9 inch baking pan, shape into 8 x 4 inch loaf OR place mixture in loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
- Reserve 2 Tablespoons meat drippings.
- For Sauce:.
- In saucepan, heat remaining spaghetti sauce, water and reserved dripping to boiling, stirring occasionally. Spoon over meatloaf.
This is an excellent meatloaf. I used a garlic and herb spaghetti sauce and I also added in a few cloves of garlic. The sauce that it calls for I put on the last 30 minutes of cooking time. Served with sour cream and chive potatoes. Yum!