1/2 Photos of Meatloaf in an Onion
For the devoted campers...you can also do this on the grill, in your fireplace or in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut 6 12X14 inch rectangles of heavy aluminum foil and set aside.
- 2In a medium-size bowl, combine the ground beef, egg whites, tomato sauce, pepper, salt and dry mustard.
- 3Mix well and set aside Peel the onions and cut them in half horizontally.
- 4Remove the centers, leaving a 1/4 in shell.
- 5Finely chop the center from one of the onions and mix it into the meat mixture.
- 6Tightly wrap the 5 remaining onion centers and refrigerate for future use.
- 7Spoon the meat mixture into 6 of the onion halves, mounding it on top.
- 8Place the remaining onion halves on top of the filled halves and press together.
- 9Place one filled onion on top of each piece of foil.
- 10Bring the ends of the foil up over the onion and flold down tightly in small folds.
- 11Flatten the ends and roll them tightly around the onion.
- 12Cook the stuffed onions on coals, turning once, until they are soft to the touch, 14-20 minutes on each side.
- 13You can also bake them in a preheated 350F oven for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatloaf in an Onion
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.1
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 318.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 18.6 g