Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one way my family likes eating meatloaf. I got this out of a Campbell's cookbook a long time ago.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs and egg. Shape the mixture into an 8 X 4 inch loaf and place in baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Top meatloaf with half a can of Golden Mushroom Soup and bake for another 30 minutes or until meatloaf is done. Remove meatloaf and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of meatloaf drippings, the rest of the soup and the water and bring to a boil. Slice the meatloaf and pour soup gravy on top of meatloaf.
Found the meatloaf too bland. Quick to put together though.
This was the way my Dad made meatloaf! AWESOME and moist, thanks for the great recipe.
The guys that I made this for loved it and almost finished off the whole thing for dinner tonight. It goes together very easily. Oh! I should say that DH wanted the 1/2 can of soup *in* the loaf instead of on top so thats what he got. Also, I didn't have Golden Mushroom and had to use the regular kind (they didn't mind at all). Mine was fully cooked at 45 mins but I might not have had a full 1 1/2 lbs of beef. It's without doubt one of the juiciest meatloaf's I have ever made. This is total old fashioned comfort food at it's best.