Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This Meatloaf is Like no Other, it's absolutely Delicious! An Old Family Recipe that is definitly Our Family's Favorite!
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 large sweet onion (diced)
- 1 (4 ounce) package Ritz crackers (crushed) or 1 (4 ounce) packagetownhouse crackers (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (Walmart brand is great!)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (Most Important Ingredient)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄2 green pepper (diced) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz ketchup, reserved for the topping
- Mix all ingredients.
- (I use my hands, it's faster!).
- Place in a 9x13 Baking dish and top with Ketchup.
- Bake in a 375° Oven for 45-60 Minutes or until done (most ovens heat varies). Let stand for 10 minutes and slice.
I think sugar is what ruined it. I even cut down on the sugar and it's still too sweet. I think it would be okay if I skipped the sugar. Sorry!
My family loved this meatloaf! It's always hit or miss when I make one. Not with this one though!