Recipe by Mims & Squims
Healthy meatloaf for dogs includes protein, veggies, and fiber. Good for people too!
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice (cooked)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb chicken
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bring water to boil in small skillet.
- Add carrot and celery. Reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Place meatloaf on foil-lined baking sheet. Form into a fun shape (like a bone or hydrant!) Should be between 1 and 2 inches high on sheet.
- Bake 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes.