Recipe by Sharon123
Need to feed a large hungry crowd? This will do the job! Enjoy!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Great recipe to feed a crowd! I wanted something to go along with my recipe #393251 after our sauerkraut-making, and this was it. The crowd was happy and not one single crumb was left. Germans mostly are used to "Falscher Hase" (false hare) which is a very simple kind of meatloaf, so they all were pleased to have something different, and I had to make about ten outprints of this recipe :D Thanks for posting!
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 (46 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 4 1⁄2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 8 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In avery large bowl, combine the eggs, V8 juice, onions, celery, bread crumbs, soup mix, pepper and parsley.
- Crumble beef over mixture; mix well.
- Shape into four loaves; place each loaf in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350*F.
- for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard.
- Spread over loaves.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160*F.
- Yield: 4 meat loaves (8 servings each).