Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Need to feed a large hungry crowd? This will do the job! Enjoy!
Make and share this Meatloaf for a Mob recipe from Food.com.
- In avery large bowl, combine the eggs, V8 juice, onions, celery, bread crumbs, soup mix, pepper and parsley.
- Crumble beef over mixture; mix well.
- Shape into four loaves; place each loaf in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350*F.
- for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard.
- Spread over loaves.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160*F.
- Yield: 4 meat loaves (8 servings each).
Great recipe to feed a crowd! I wanted something to go along with my Schlabberkappes (Cabbage With Gravy) after our sauerkraut-making, and this was it. The crowd was happy and not one single crumb was left. Germans mostly are used to "Falscher Hase" (false hare) which is a very simple kind of meatloaf, so they all were pleased to have something different, and I had to make about ten outprints of this recipe :D Thanks for posting!
This was really tasty. It was also super moist. The flavor of the topping was my favorite part of the meatloaf. I did have to cook mine a bit longer1 1/2 hours, but that could just be the difference in ovens. I cut the recipe down and only prepared 1 loaf. I didn't think my family of four could eat 4 meatloaves, although it'd be a good idea to maybe prepare all and freeze the others. Prepared for PAC Fall/2008