Prep 12 mins
Cook 17 mins
Delicious meatloaf! This is now my favorite way of making this dish. My hubby doesn't usually like meatloaf, but "loves" this one. Wonderful texture - great flavor, try it, you will love it. I tried this after a neighbor gave me a recipe, I didn't have 3 of the ingredients so I improvised - the new version is lots better than the original!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 slices herbed toast (see below)
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper (I use a generous amount of both)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- Toast 3 slices of bread, butter and sprinkle with garlic powder, garlic salt and oregano - allow to sit approximately 10 minutes.
- Mix toast with beef broth and seasonings in a medium bowl. After well mixed add ground beef. Mix only until well combined.
- Pat meat mixture into an 8x8x4 glass baking dish.
- Microwave on high for 7 minutes, drain off juices, microwave another 5 minutes on high. Again drain off juices.
- While meatloaf is cooking, combine topping ingredients.
- Frost cooked meatloaf with topping mixture. Microwave an additional 5 minutes on high.
- Allow meatloaf to sit 10 minutes before serving.