1/1 Photo of Meatloaf Cupcakes
these are adorable. Great for kids and perfectly proportioned.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups stale bread, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups cups Italian parsley, diced, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 beet, roasted (optional)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, stemmed and finely minced (optional)
- 1 cup indian fennel candy (optional)
- cooking spray
- 1Place bread in a bowl.
- 2Add 2 cups milk and toss with bread. Reserve.
- 3In a sauté pan over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil and sauté onions for approximately 4 minutes, or until they become translucent. Reserve.
- 4In a large bowl, use your hands to mix hamburger, eggs, thyme, parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg, soaked bread, onions and ketchup.
- 5Set cupcake liners in a muffin tin, spray, and fill with meatloaf mixture.
- 6Smooth tops so that they are flat.
- 7Bake for 3/4 hours, or until fully cooked.
- 8Boil potatoes in a large pot of water until tender to the touch of a fork.
- 9Drain water and mash with butter and half and half. Mash until smooth.
- 10If coloring potatoes, divide mashed potatoes into 2 separate bowls. Add 1 tablespoon grated beet to one batch and all the parsley to the other.
- 11Blend until you have a batch of pink and a batch of green potatoes.
- 12When meatloaf is done, "ice" half with pink and half with green mashed potatoes.
- 13Sprinkle with Indian fennel candies and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatloaf Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.7
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.5 mg
- Sodium 339.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 18.8 g