Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Like a really good meaty sandwich! This recipe assumes you have some meatloaf already made.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or 2 tablespoons sambal oelek chili paste
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, to spread
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 slices meatloaf, cold and thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 slices gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
- Mix together the mustard and chile sauce (or sambal if you're using that).
- Preheat the oven to a high broil.
- Butter 1 slice of each slice of bread.
- Build each half of the sandwich by placing the buttered side down, topped with meatloaf, mustard spread, tomato slices then the cheese. Repeat for all slices of bread.
- heat an oven proof nonstick skillet on medium heat. Lay the buttered side down and heat until lightly brown or about 2 minutes.
- Place the pan in the oven under the broiler to melt and brown the cheese, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place slices together to make 4 sandwiches.
- Slice diagonally and eat immediately.