1/7 Photos of Meatloaf - Crock-Pot
6 hrs 15 mins
I have 3 kids on 3 different sports teams, so during baseball season I do a lot of crockpot cooking since it seems like I'm always on the run. I was intrigued by the idea of cooking meatloaf in the crockpot but the couple of recipes I tried were very greasy and fell apart too easily. I came up with this recipe that my family really enjoys. I think the potatoes on the bottom are really key to the success of the result because they keep the meat up off the bottom and let it cook out of the liquid. I know the recipe is going to seem like too little liquid to start with, but the crockpot retains all the liquid inside and really is enough. Let me know what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (I use 93% lean)
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs (I use crushed crouton for extra flavor)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (I use 1 Lipton packet)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- salt and pepper
- 1Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray to help make clean up easier. Layer sliced potatoes and onions on bottom.
- 2Mix all the meatloaf ingredients together really well. I use an electric mixer to make sure everything is evenly mixed.
- 3Shape into an oval loaf and lay on top of the potatoes and onions - try to not let it touch the sides of the crock to prevent the heat of the crock from overcooking the meatloaf.
- 4Mix all the topping ingredients together and spoon on top of the meatoaf. Cook on high for an hour, then turn the crockpot down to low and cook an additional 4-5 hours or till its done all the way through.
- 5Add a salad and dinner is complete! Enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatloaf - Crock-Pot
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.1
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.9 mg
- Sodium 1366.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 32.3 g