Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My family's favorite meatloaf. The concept is not mine but, the meatloaf blend is.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round
- 1 cup V8 vegetable juice
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 ounces ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine meat, V-8 juice, bread crumbs, dill weed, eggs, chopped onion, salt and pepper. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Press meatloaf mixture onto a sheet of foil or wax paper into a rectangle.
- Place a layer of cheese over the rectangle.
- Place a layer of ham over the cheese. Cover the entire rectangle.
- Pick up the edge of the waxed paper or foil to roll the flattened meat up into a log. Remove waxed paper, seal the ends and seam, and place the loaf into a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the loaf is no longer pink inside.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nice change to the same old meatloaf recipe. It is very good. I'll make it again.