Recipe by *Chef Esther*
I got this recipe from my boyfriend's mom and modified it just a little. It's so simple but I love it. The meatloaf mix is my twist on it. The market next door to my house has an amazing pre-made meatloaf mix and I though it would be a great twist on a dish I already knew I loved. You can us ground beef seasoned with meatloaf seasoning mix and I'm sure that it would be just fine.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb meatloaf mix, raw
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Layer half of the cooked rice on the bottom of the dish, half of the corn, half of raw meat and half of the tomato sauce.
- Repeat layers with the remaining ingredients.
- Season each layer with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake covered for 45-50 minutes at 375 until meat is cooked through.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and serve.