Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cuisine at Home/Cuisine Tonight
Make and share this Meatloaf Burger recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices white bread, torn
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 8 slices French bread, grilled
- romaine leaf
- 2 slices thick-sliced bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup seeded diced tomato
- To make relish, cook bacon in a skillet until crisp; add in onion and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, mustard, and ketchup.
- Add tomatoes; simmer for 1 minute.
- To make the burgers, soak bread in eggs in a large bowl; set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in butter in a skillet over med-high heat, about 3 minutes; cool 5 minutes.
- Add parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to bread mixture, then mash together.
- Combine bread mixture, cooled onion mixture, and ground beef.
- Divide evenly into 4 portions and form patties to match bread shape (with French bread, you'll want to form oval-shaped patties).
- Cover and chill; preheat grill or grill pan to med-high; brush grill grate with oil.
- Grill burgers, covered, to 160°, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- To assemble, place lettuce on 4 grilled bread slices, then top with burgers, Tomato-Bacon relish, and remaining bread slices.