Recipe by The Giggle Box
This is my grandmother's recipe for meatloaf. It's the only kind of meatloaf I will eat. I love to make meatloaf sandwiches with it the next day - they are even good cold.
Top Review by John DOH
This is a good technique recipe. I liked it! Made a change or two, using a mix of beef, veal and pork, and adding a suggestion of brown sugar to sweeten it a bit, but I do like the tomato sauce and oatmeal, which gives you that old time "comfort food" taste and texture.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 2 slices bacon, uncooked (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Mix egg, dried onion soup, tomato sauce and oatmeal together in a large bowl.
- Add in ground beef.
- For best results, use your hands.
- Put meatloaf mixture in a loaf pan.
- Place bacon on top.
- Cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let meatloaf sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and slice to serve.