Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a quick homey meal that my mother use to make. We love it with mashed potatoes and a veggie.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 package cracker, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients, except for catsup and water, in a large mixing bowl.
- Place in a 8 x 10 casserole dish and form into a loaf.
- Drizzle catsup over the top.
- Pour water around the loaf.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
I like quick and easy recipes and this was the best and the taste is excellent.
Yummy!!! It was just like my mom's after I added 1 diced green bellpepper to it.