Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
just the classic soup mix meatloaf--nothing fancy at all. i am adding it here to add to my cookbook so i can throw away papers!it is the only meat loaf i have ever liked---i think because of the catsup in the meat.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 envelope lipton onion and mushroom soup mix
- 1 shallot, minced
- fresh ground pepper
- add all ingredients to a large ziploc bag.
- seal and mix with hands.
- pat into a meatloaf pan or free form on a cookie sheet.
- bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- to cut cook time pat into muffin cups for mini meatloaves in half the time.
This is exactly how my Mother made meatloaf minus the shallots. I always thought she made the best meatloaf! Thanks for sharing. :)
I didn\'t have the shallot but it came out great any way. The idea of using the muffin cups was perfect. I\'ll never make it as a loaf again I believe.