Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this my friend, Dina, she's a great cook. Hope you all like it!
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 6 slices potato bread, approximately
- 1⁄2 cup water (soak bread in water)
- 2 eggs
- 1 dash ketchup
- 1 stalk celery, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- Squeeze excess liquid from water soaked bread.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Shape into loaf.
- Cover & bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover & bake until browned, 5-10 minutes.
This is a good recipe for meatloaf, but definitely cook it uncovered. thanks
This was a good meatloaf, it held together well. one change I made was to cook it uncovered for the whole time. It was nicely browned within the hour. Nice oniony taste, what with the mix and the fresh onion. I think another time I would maybe add some selsa instead of the ketchup, to add a little zip, as it was we added selsa at the table. Thanks for sharing.