Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
I make this for my family often. They love it.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 pieces whole wheat bread, finely cubed (I use the bread ends)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Beat eggs into milk.
- Stir in the bread crumbs, onion, salt, sage, pepper.
- Add beef and combine well.
- Put mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard and spoon over meat loaf.
- Bake for ten minutes longer.
I figured if your meatloaf was anything like your Tortilla soup, Id be in buisness! And I was correct! My father-in-law claimed to HATE meatloaf! He ate this up and wants to know when Ill make it again. My five year old at this happily as well! * I added Garlic salt in place of plain salt (yum!) * I added a tiny bit of Worchester sauce to the topping it gave it a little zing Thanks again for a quick easy success!
I can't believe I haven't posted a review about this recipe yet. My printout of the recipe is dated 8/10/2003! This is the best meat loaf ever. I've used this recipe countless times, and everyone raves about my meat loaf. I love the ketchup sauce so much, I usually double it. I will never use another meat loaf recipe, this is the one that my kids will group up on. THANK YOU!
I skubstituted 1/2 can of undiluted mushroom soup for the milk. I think it was improved that way LASh