Recipe by Stephanie V
Yummy meatloaf that your kids will love! My mom gave me this recipe and my kids ask for it all the time. If you are short on time, you can make it in muffin tins and bake for only 30 minutes.
Top Review by Michaelk69
This was great! I'd been using my mom's meatloaf recipe ever since finishing college but this was way better (sorry mom!). Having said that, I did make some small changes. I added about 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach (thawed) to the meat mixture and also a Tbl of Worcestershire sauce. And I also sautéed the onions in butter with two cloves of garlic before adding to the meat mixture. Last but not least, for the "glaze" I used 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 Tbl brown sugar, 1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce, 2 Tbl horseradish, 2 Tbl spicy brown mustard and 2 Tbl tomato purée and smeared it all over the top and sides of the meatloaf before cooking - and the result was very delicious, if I do say so myself! Baking time was exactly as stated - perfectly cooked and very moist - thanks Stephanie!
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2⁄3 cup soda cracker, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs 93% lean ground beef
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, add milk, crackers, onion, salt, sage and pepper.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into a 8 x 5 inch loaf and place in a cake pan.
- Combine ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire and spread 1/2 to 3/4 of it over the loaf, use the rest for dipping.
- Bake at 350 for 60 min, let stand 10 minutes before cutting.