Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Traditional... but vegan! Makes great comfort food!
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegan whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 (14 ounce) packages Lightlife Gimme Lean ground beef (vegan ground beef)
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Oil a 10x4x3 loaf pan.
- In a skillet heat oil and saute onion and garlic.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cooled onion mixture with bread crumbs, beef, oats, and seasonings. Use both hands to mix well.
- Transfer mixture to loaf pan and spread into an even layer. Spoon ketchup onto the top of the loaf.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean and hot.