Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Makes 2 loaves. Good as is or add the Creole Sauce if you prefer. Both are even better when made the night before!
- 4 lbs ground chuck
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all ingredients except bacon by hand until well blended.
- Divide in half and shape into 2 loaves about 8" X 4" X 3".
- Place two thick slices of bacon on top of each loaf, if desired, and bake in greased roasting pan for 1 hour and 15 minutes.