Recipe by Pearlesyarn
Based on a recipe from Fanny Farmers American Cook Book, but with a twist. We have this with mashed potatoes and green beans or a green salad and a potato salad. I vary the meats by using minced lamb or a mixture of 1lb minced beef and 1lb minced lamb.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
Part of the fun of this was discovering Red Onion Marmalade; we ate the rest of the jar while the meatloaf baked. It's a very fine meatloaf, too, rich and flavorful. We usually make meatloaf with a saucy topping, but this one is bare, and quite allright that way. Made for Pick A Chef.
- 2 lbs minced beef
- 1 (100 g) packet seasoned stuffing mix (I use Shropshire brand Celery and Walnut)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- good grinding black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of somerset red onion marmalade (Somerset Red Onion Marmalade #1)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix every thing together with your hands, adding enough milk to make a good consistency.
- Leave for 10 minutes and mix again. You may need to add a little more milk as the stuffing mix will have absorbed the liquid and you don't want a dry meatloaf.
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin and put the mixture into it patting down well and smoothing the top.
- Bake in a medium hot oven for about an hour.
- Remove from the oven and pour off any excess fat.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.