Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I would drive 7 hours from Auburn, Alabama to Morristown, Tennessee just to eat my mother's meatloaf!
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Combine eggs and milk, stir in crumbs, onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add beef, and mix well.
- Pat into a loaf shape and place on a pan.
- Bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours at 350°F.
- Spoon off fat.
- Combine ketchup, sugar, mustard.
- Spread over meat and cook another 10 minutes.
Before getting on with my review,I just want to say this " I'm very pleased to be the first one to rate this recipe:)".I was looking for a meatloaf to solve a major " Comfort Food Craving ".So when I saw this one I decided to try it. After mixing everything together(A bit of garlic powder was added, I always add garlic powder to meatloaf). I wasn't too sure that 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs wasn't going to be enough,but left the recipe untinkered with. After baking and letting the loaf " rest " for about 10 minutes, I cut into it and the slices turned out just fine.The meatloaf was very moist and flavorful. For a true " Comfort Food Meal " I served this with Recipe #444751( Macaroni & Cheese and Recipe #365667( Italian Style Green Beans). Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "