Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Brad and Britt's favorite. From BHG.
- 8 ounces tomato sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine half of tomato sauce and remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Form into loaf and place on rack which has been placed on foil lined casserole.
- Bake at 375 for half an hour. Top with remaining tomato sauce. Continue cooking for another half hour. Let stand for ten minutes before slicing.
The true test of a good meatloaf is how well it slices while hot. This sliced very nicely after the standing time. I used ground turkey and homemade tomato sauce. We enjoyed this for dinner with Sweet and Sour Carrots and Squash Fritters. Made for Aussie Swap.
My DH likes his meatloaf made with tomato sauce so I tagged this recipe for him. I used ground round and italian bread crumbs that I had on hand. Think I would add a tablespoon of mustard to get a bit more tanginess instead of sweetness. A very tasty and no fuss meatloaf recipe that I will be making again. Made and reviewed for ZWT 6 - Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens.