Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a meatloaf that I found in a cookbook and made some changes to. My husband says it reminds him of his grandmothers.
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Line loaf pan with bacon.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients together.
- Place mixture into bacon-lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours in a 350 degree oven.
- Baste the meatloaf occasionally with the drippings.
I made this nice, simple meatloaf at work today. I did add some onion (I can't make a meatloaf without it!), and served it with gravy and mash. Thanks for a good recipe.
As soon as I saw the bacon lining the pan I knew this one was the recipe for me and my family - YUM is all that needs to be said.
This is so close to how I like to make meatloaf, 2 to 1 of the ground beef and sage Jimmy Dean sage sausage. So nice because you can spice it the way you like it. I use Minute Rice as the filler too. You're making me hungry with this recipe!