Recipe by anaepaiz
This delicious recipe is the perfect dinner that your entire family will love.
Top Review by Annacia
I made this for the two men in the house tonight and they both voted 4 stars. They both said it was very good and had no trouble getting it down. I did skip the parm cheese as DH can't stand it. It's simple to put together. Be aware that it makes a small loaf if feeding teens or hungry men. Made for PAC, Spring 09.
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3 slices bacon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the onion, garlic, ketchup, and egg in a large bowl; stir to combine. Add meat and mix until well combined. Add breadcrumbs and cheese and continue mixing until thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer meat mixture to an 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-by-2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- Top with bacon strips, if desired, and cover with parchment-paper-lined aluminum foil.
- Transfer to oven and bake until meat is no longer pink, about 55 minutes.
- Uncover, and continue baking an additional 30 minutes.
- Let meatloaf stand, loosely covered, about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.