Recipe by Bobbie
I know there are tons of meatloaf recipes out there -- and I've tried many of them -- but this one is our family favorite. Leftovers make terrific sandwiches!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil. Cook onions, celery, carrots, garlic, and thyme until very soft. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the next 4 ingredients well. Incorporate the cooked vegetables. Pack tightly in a 10-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the 3 remaining ingredients and spread half of it on top of meatloaf (save remaining sauce to serve with the meatloaf).
- Cook in a water bath for 1 hour or until cooked the whole way through in 400 degree oven.
- (This makes a pretty large meatloaf -- I usually divide the mixture in half and cook one loaf and freeze the other one. I think it just depends on the size of your family).