Recipe by Karen From Colorado
My daughter hated meat loaf until I made this recipe adapted from other recipes I have read. Now she wants it once a week. I think it is the sweet topping that made the difference.
Top Review by Don Wray
Great meatloaf! Being that I cook infrequently, I found that it took more than 10 min. prep time, but the result wes well worth the effort. Did not have breadcrumbs on hand so substituted an equal amount of crushed saltine crackers. My wife even stated that this recipe was one of my best efforts. Thanks. Don
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard or 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggs, milk, and Worcestershire.
- Stir in crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, sage, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Add beef and mix well using wet hands; place in a 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 1 1/4 hours; drain off any excess fat.
- Mix together catchup, brown sugar, and mustard; spread over meat and return to oven for 10 minutes.