Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My family enjoyed the slightly spicy taste of this meatloaf. This recipe, submitted by a local DJ, was in our local paper.
- Preheat oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, egg, onion and tomato sauce.
- Mix lightly.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar.
- Brush the loaf with this mixture.
- Place meat loaf in oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce.
Excellent !!! Best meatloaf I have ever made !! My father-in-law (who is a meatloaf conissieur) absolutely loved it(much to my mother-in-laws dismay. I made two 1 1/2 pound loafs and found the sauce quantity was plenty for both loafs. Definitely will make this one again.
awesome! i love meatloaf, and this is a fabulous recipe. I put a little twist on it though. I spread the mixture onto a baking sheet, and layered swiss cheese and ham slices on it, then rolled it up like a jelly roll and then baked it. Awesome!
Delicious! Easy to put together, and an excellent flavor! After months of searching, I have finally found a meatloaf recipe both my husband and I agree on! Thank you for sharing it.