Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My family enjoyed the slightly spicy taste of this meatloaf. This recipe, submitted by a local DJ, was in our local paper.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Preheat oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, egg, onion and tomato sauce.
- Mix lightly.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar.
- Brush the loaf with this mixture.
- Place meat loaf in oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce.
Excellent !!! Best meatloaf I have ever made !! My father-in-law (who is a meatloaf conissieur) absolutely loved it(much to my mother-in-laws dismay. I made two 1 1/2 pound loafs and found the sauce quantity was plenty for both loafs. Definitely will make this one again.
Delicious! Easy to put together, and an excellent flavor! After months of searching, I have finally found a meatloaf recipe both my husband and I agree on! Thank you for sharing it.
awesome! i love meatloaf, and this is a fabulous recipe. I put a little twist on it though. I spread the mixture onto a baking sheet, and layered swiss cheese and ham slices on it, then rolled it up like a jelly roll and then baked it. Awesome!