Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My husband's favorite meatloaf. He likes it so much he asks for it for his birthday almost every year. We like to have it with Noodles Romanoff on the side (a recipe I hope to post sometime). Ingredient amounts are approximated by my mother-in-law
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 egg
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- onion (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 -3 slices dried bread (can use toast)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- sage (optional)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a bowl, add spice, brown sugar and ketchup. Mix it.
- Tear and add dry bread. Mix in uncooked beef with hands (this is tradition).
- Put foil on a cookie sheet and shape the meatloaf into a loaf on the cookie sheet. Squirt some ketchup on top.
- Cook at 350 degrees from 45 minutes to an hour.
- Stick knife in to check and make sure it's cooked all the way through.
What a great idea! Meatloaf baked on tin foil. I didn't have all the ingredients so I improvised. I made seasoning sauce so I could make sure it tasted O.K. Used onions(lots) and added sauce to meat & bread. Yep I used my hands,good memories! I had extra sauce left over so I pored it over the meatloaf. YUM! Next time I plan to follow your recipe. Thanks for the inspiration. This way of making meatloaf was fast,easy and fun(especially if you have kids and they like to get their little hands in any kind of mess) not to mention YUMMY! Thanks for a great recipe!
This was my first attempt at making a meatloaf...my husband LOVED it! He said it was better than his mom makes, which is a huge compliment! I followed the recipe exactly, but next time I'll make extra brown sugar sauce for the top. Thanks!!!
I followed the recipe exactly, including a "dash" of sage, which was optional (I won't do that again). I tasted the brown sugar too much, so I will cut that to about 1/8 cup next time. Husband and son really liked this, so I will be making it again, with these few changes. Thanks!