Recipe by Sabia
My husband's favorite meatloaf. He likes it so much he asks for it for his birthday almost every year. We like to have it with Noodles Romanoff on the side (a recipe I hope to post sometime). Ingredient amounts are approximated by my mother-in-law
Top Review by ethical.activist
What a great idea! Meatloaf baked on tin foil. I didn't have all the ingredients so I improvised. I made seasoning sauce so I could make sure it tasted O.K. Used onions(lots) and added sauce to meat & bread. Yep I used my hands,good memories! I had extra sauce left over so I pored it over the meatloaf. YUM! Next time I plan to follow your recipe. Thanks for the inspiration. This way of making meatloaf was fast,easy and fun(especially if you have kids and they like to get their little hands in any kind of mess) not to mention YUMMY! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 egg
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- onion (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 -3 slices dried bread (can use toast)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- sage (optional)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, add spice, brown sugar and ketchup. Mix it.
- Tear and add dry bread. Mix in uncooked beef with hands (this is tradition).
- Put foil on a cookie sheet and shape the meatloaf into a loaf on the cookie sheet. Squirt some ketchup on top.
- Cook at 350 degrees from 45 minutes to an hour.
- Stick knife in to check and make sure it's cooked all the way through.