Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Good with mashed potatoes and kernel corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup with basil & oregano
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In large bowl, combine 1/2 cup (125 mL) soup, beef, bread crumbs, mustard, Worcestershire and egg; mix thoroughly.
- In 11-inch x 7-inch (2 L) baking dish firmly shaped mixture into loaf.
- Bake at 350°F (180&°C) 1 hour or until done.
- Spoon off fat, reserving 2 tbsp (25 mL) drippings.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining soup, water and reserved drippings.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with meat loaf.
- -------Meatloaf with Zesty Sauce------------.
- Omit all drippings when spooning off fat.
- To soup and water in saucepan, add 1 tbsp packed brown sugar, 1 tbsp (15 mL) vinegar, 1 tsp (5 mL) dry mustard and hot pepper sauce to taste.
Was the best tasting meatloaf I had in a long time Dave thanks.....easy to make and very delicious....yummmmmmy
Good but I like the meat loaf recipe off of the oatmeal box better.