Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My dad when he was alive used to rave about my meatloaf and request I make it often. Since he lived with us and the rest of the family loved it too, it wasn't a very hard request to do.
- 4 -5 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 5 -6 saltine crackers, finely crushed or 2 slices bread
- 1 (2 ounce) package Lipton Beef and Onion Soup mix
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, saltines (or bread), soup mix, beef bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.
- Mix well. Put into a 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Glaze: Combine remaining ingredients; spread over meat loaf. bake at 350* for 1 hour or until no pink remains.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining sauce.
This recipe is one of my favorites. Yummmmmy
This was the most juiciest and flavorful meatloaf I have ever tasted. The only thing I left off was the Worcester sauce (because I didn't have any). I also put a tunnel along the middle (leaving the sides free of cheese) of the raw meat with sharp cheddar cheese, then covered it with the rest of the meat. The children ate seconds of this.
I have been looking for an easy and tasty meatloaf recipe. I found it with this one. The only thing I did differently was I used 2 lbs of ground beef instead of 4lbs, used one egg, kept the seasonings the same and reduced the ketchup to 1/2 cup. (My loaf pan can only hold up to 2 1/2 lbs.) Took a little less than one hour to cook. Thanks for this great recipe! My search is over!