Recipe by *sweetomato*
Top Review by buffyfan#1
I used to spend hours making a very involved meatloaf recipe by Paula Dean. It was also expensive because it called for things like bacon. I will never make it again! I made this recipe last night and it blew the Paula dean recipe out of the water! I got rave reviews from my son and husband and it really was simple! The only thing I did differently was to add garlic powder instead of chopping garlic and I added a bit of fresh parsley because I needed to use it up. Otherwise, I followed the directions completely. If you are looking for an awesome meatloaf then stop right now. you have found it! Thanks for such a wonderful recipe that I will definately use over and over again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 medium onion, chopped small
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed by hand into medium sized pieces
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef, onion, milk, crackers, garlic 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard and salt and pepper by hand, being careful not to overmix.
- Place into glass bread pan.
- Prepare topping mixture and spread over top of loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.