Recipe by JSkizzle
This easy appetizer recipe comes from a local newspaper. You can make them ahead and keep them chilled until ready to serve. You can also garnish them with toppings of your choice.
Top Review by Darlene Ross
These are delightfully delicious and so easy to make. My family requests I make these for every Christmas Eve gathering. I am sorry I didn't comment three years ago when I first made these. I love that you can top these with whatever your family likes. Also, I use Athens prebaked phillo shells so I don't even have to turn on my oven. Thanks JSkizzle, we love these!
- 30 individual frozen miniature phyllo cups, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (from a packet)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the phyllo shells on an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake the shells until they turn light golden in color (about 10 minutes) then remove from the oven and cool.
- While shells are baking, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, taco seasoning, and lime juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the cooled phyllo shells.
- Top with any garnishments you'd like such as shredded lettuce, grated carrots, minced cilantro, or minced green bell pepper.