Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy to make and fills you up. Serve with none or lots of the optional garnishes.
Make and share this Meatless Three Bean Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, if needed, to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- crushed tortilla chips
- light sour cream
- chopped green onion
- chopped tomato
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add oil, onion, red pepper and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, all of the beans, water, cumin, cilantro, cayenne, oregano, sugar, and pepper. Stir well.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with any, all or none of the optional garnishes.
making this tonite
I didn't add the sugar and I didn't add any garnish, but this was really good chili-simple too make too :)