Recipe by morgainegeiser
You can turn this side dish into an easy one-pot dish by simply adding a can of pinto beans along with the rice. This is a meatless recipe.
- 473.18 ml water
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 35.43 g package taco seasoning
- 236.59 ml canned corn, drained
- 118.29 ml finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 236.59 ml brown rice, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients except rice.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Stir in rice. When mixture boils again, stir, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, until most of the liquid has cooked out, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and set aside covered, for 5 minutes.
- Mix well before serving.