1/2 Photos of Meatless Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A nice change from the ground meat filling; it's tender and light yet satisfies. Serve with a salad and biscuits; mashed potatoes puts this in the comfort food zone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium green bell peppers
- 2 cups cracked wheat, cooked
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt or 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1Cut the top rings off and seed each pepper, creating deep cups. Coarsely dice the pepper rings. Set aside separately.
- 2Mix together the filling ingredients. Set aside.
- 3In a pan large enough to hold the peppers, mix together the sauce ingredients. Stir in the reserved diced pepper rings.
- 4Lightly salt the insides of each pepper cup.
- 5Stuff each cup with filling, standing each filled pepper on top of the sauce in the pan.
- 6Carefully baste the sauce over the peppers.
- 7Cover and bake 375°F for 45 minutes. Check it a couple of times to be sure the sauce doesn't cook down too much. Add a little water if necessary.
- 8After the 45 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle grated cheese on each filled pepper.
- 9Remove pan cover and continue baking about 20 minutes or 'til the sauce thickens and the cheese melts.
- 10Let cool for at least 1/2 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatless Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (737 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.0
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 149.4 mg
- Sodium 1356.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: