Recipe by 89240
Wonderful dish, the mushrooms bring a wonderful flavor to this vegetarian meal. Recipe adapted from Kraft.
Top Review by Smabbey
This was really good. I used my own pasta sauce and added a little "light" shredded mozzarella, too. Also, this was my first time using cottage cheese instead of ricotta in lasagna; it was great. You'd really never know the difference. Great tip!
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 (16 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 10 ounces chopped spinach, frozen (thawed and drained)
- 4 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4-1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (or make your own)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cottage cheese, drained spinach, eggs, 1/4 cup parmesan, and 2 cups of the mozzarella.
- Layer 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce, 3 lasagna noodles, and 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture in a 13x9 pan.
- Add mushrooms and repeat layers.
- Top with remaining 3 lasagna noodles, remaining sauce, and remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees; cover with foil if it begins to brown too quickly.
- Allow to sit 10 minutes before serving.