Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve over prepared spaghetti noodles or spaghetti squash. From the 1995 "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes, Edina, MN.
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mined
- 1 teaspoon safflower oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried lentils
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce or 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- In a medium fry pan, over medium heat, saute onino and garlic in safflower oil until onions become transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.