Recipe by JenniferK2
I got this yummy dish from Taste of Home Magazine.
Top Review by newspapergal
DH & I really liked this. I sauteed the onion & garlic (along with some sliced mushrooms) in a bit of olive oil while the pasta was cooking. I also halved the mozzarella. I love cheese, but 1.5 cups of it plus the parmesan & ricotta was plenty. When I tossed the pasta with the sauce, I thought it looked too saucey, but once it baked up, the sauce-noodle ratio was perfect. The leftovers also reheated really well.
- 6 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce, meatless
- 8 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add butter and Parmesan; toss to coat.
- Process the ricotta cheese in a blender until smooth. In a large bowl, combine spaghetti sauce with ricotta; stir in onion, garlic, basil, oregano and half of the mozzarella. Add the spaghetti; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 13x9 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
- Cover; bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through.