- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 6 large carrots, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 5 teaspoons better than boullion no chicken base
- 12 ounces reames frozen egg noodles
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, carrot and celery for a few minutes in a bit of water until they just begin to soften. (This step can be omitted if you cook it longer in the crock pot).
- Add the vegetables, plus all other ingredients except noodles to crock pot, cook on high for 3.5 hours. Add noodles for remaining 30 minutes or until tender and cooked through.