Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's another vegan meatloaf... I'm sorry but I haven't yet tried this recipe myself, am posting it so I can find it when I want to try it.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup soybeans, cooked
- 1 cup oatmeal, whole rolled such as Thick & Rough Oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, ground
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Make the sauce and set aside: Saute small onion, green pepper in oil until lightly browned. Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil, boil for 2-3 minutes.
- To make meatless meatloaf: Mash soybeans with fork. Add oatmeal, nuts and eggs and mix well.
- Blend mixture with remaining ingredients.
- Place mixture in a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Top with tomato sauce and bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.