Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Who will know you didn't use meat! Nobody! This yummy meatless loaf is so much like "the real thing", most people cannot tell the difference.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium minced onions
- 16 ounces textured vegetable protein (about 5 cups)
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- chopped parsley
- hot water or stock
- preheat oven to 350* Saute onions (and garlic if desired) in olive oil.
- When vegetables are soft, add TVP and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add water or stock until mixture is fluffy, and saute 4 more minutes.
- In another bowl, mix breadcrumbs, parsley, soy sauce, Worchestshire sauce, and 1 cup of water.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Mix TVP mixture, breadcrumb mixture, sour cream and eggs together.
- Make one giant loaf in 9 x 13 pan, or two smaller loaves.
- If desired, make roux of butter and flour, add tomato puree and pour on top of loaves.
- Bake about 1 hour.
Please be aware unless you use Vegetarian Worcestershire sauce it is not completely 'meatless' if seeing a Vegetarian style meatless.