1 hr 30 mins
This cheese and nut loaf is rich in taste and is every bit as satisfying as your favorite meat loaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mushroom, wiped clean and chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated swiss cheese or 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese or 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, whatever you have on hand
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Roast the nuts for 5-7 minutes and then chop coarsely.
- 3Turn up the oven to 375°F.
- 4Cook the onion in the butter until soft.
- 5Season with salt and pepper, add the garlic, chopped mushrooms, and herbs.
- 6Cook until the liquid released by the mushrooms is reduced.
- 7In a bowl, combine the onion/mushroom mix with the cooked rice, nuts, eggs, cottage cheese and grated cheese.
- 8Season to taste.
- 9Butter a loaf pan and fill it with the loaf mixture.
- 10Bake the loaf about 1 to 1/4 hours until the top is golden and rounded.
- 11Let the loaf sit out of the oven for 10 minutes before turning out onto a serving plate.
- 12Serve with a mushroom or herb bechamel sauce.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatless Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (1314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3272.1
- Calories from Fat 2218
- Total Fat 246.5 g
- Saturated Fat 73.2 g
- Cholesterol 1087.6 mg
- Sodium 2062.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 147.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.1 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 142.6 g