Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious vegetarian meatloaf with a base of walnuts, bread crumbs, and cheddar cheese. I eat it hot the first night and then on sandwiches with either ketchup, BBQ sauce, or hot sauce as leftovers. Yum! This recipe came from the awesome cookbook, Simply Vegetarian
- Saute the onions and garlic in the butter (or substitute olive oil).
- Combine ALL of the above ingredients with 2 well-beaten eggs, 1 cup (packed) grated cheddar cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 2 tablespoons dried parsley (or 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley).
- Press into a well-oiled loaf pan and bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour.
- Cover top of loaf with 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve as is or with a gravy.