Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another great recipe from my sister. Meat can be added, if desired. Prep time includes cooking the lasagna.
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle, cooked and then put into cold water
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add 1/4 inch of hot water in 13 1/2" x 9" x 2" baking dish.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of sauce and cover bottom of pan with lasagna.
- Combine the ricotta with the eggs, seasonings, and 1/2 cup of the Romano cheese in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the filling on the lasagna.
- Repeat with another layer of lasagna and remaining filling.
- Cover with a final layer of lasagna.
- Spoon enough of the sauce over all to cover generously.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of Romano cheese and then with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 375 degree over for 45 minutes.
Great Recipie. tasted great, but needs a little "something" thinking of adding green peppers, mushrooms and eggplant next time!