Recipe by *Parsley*
Easy to make. Garnish with crushed corn chips, cilantro and cheddar cheese.
Top Review by fairsinger
Very tasty! Didn't have V8 juice so I used a can of condensed tomato soup and added water and that worked just fine. I also didn't have corn chips so we used tortilla chips. The cream cheese really takes this dish to another level. A tasty meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cups vegetable juice, V-8
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces light cream cheese, cubed
- crushed corn chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, heat oil. Saute onion and garlic for about 5-6 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes w/ green chilies and vegetable juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add the beans, corn, cumin, cayenne, sugar, pepper, and salt.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese until melted.
- Serve garnished with crushed corn chips and/or cheese and/or cilantro.