Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make. Garnish with crushed corn chips, cilantro and cheddar cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cups vegetable juice, V-8
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces light cream cheese, cubed
- crushed corn chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, heat oil. Saute onion and garlic for about 5-6 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tomatoes w/ green chilies and vegetable juice. Bring to a boil.
- Add the beans, corn, cumin, cayenne, sugar, pepper, and salt.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese until melted.
- Serve garnished with crushed corn chips and/or cheese and/or cilantro.
Very tasty! Didn't have V8 juice so I used a can of condensed tomato soup and added water and that worked just fine. I also didn't have corn chips so we used tortilla chips. The cream cheese really takes this dish to another level. A tasty meal!
Very very good!!!!! I made just as directed. A definite keeper!
This recipe was easy to make, uses ingredients that are readily available and tastes delicious! I subbed pinto beans for kidney beans because that's what I had and I doubled the garlic, which is usual for me. I loved the cream cheese in it as it gave it a delicious creamy flavor. I topped it with crushed tostitos and sharp cheddar cheese. I highly recommend this recipe! Thanks for sharing it Parsley!