Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the recipe my grandmother makes for the most part. She uses whole milk.
- 14 ounces creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 tablespoons flour (thickener)
- Put the first 4 ingredients in a pan and cook until the potatoes are just about done.
- Add the skim milk and cook to about boiling.
- Add the flour and cook till the right thickness.
This was a very simple and easy soup to prepare. I've never had Corn Chowder before and the flavors were very nice. I like a little more zip in my soups, but not exactly sure what I would have altered in this. We really enjoyed it as is. Thank your grandmother. I'd like to play around with this a little in the future. Made for PAC Fall 07